The Magnolia Table

 






This isn't a very good picture but I forgot to take one before I got started on it. A couple of years ago my neighbor gave this table to me when they were packing up to move. I needed something small for this area in my entry for shoes and it has worked well. 

Now that we really don't need shoe storage in the entry anymore I decided to spruce it up a bit. I had just received a jar of Dixie Belle's limited release chalk paint in the color Juniper. It's a lovely warm shade of green just perfect for Fall.




    

So after giving it a good clean with a degreaser, I put on a coat of Zinnser Shellac primer, since the table has a laminate finish, Then I put on another two coats of primer because of the laminate finish. Zinnser Shellac usually grabs hold of any surface but it did not want to stick to this table. It kept pulling away from the edge banding and in hindsight, I should have just removed the edge banding but I didn't think about it at the time so I put three coats of primer, then I painted on two coats of Juniper. 




It looked great, but it was missing something. After a few days, I decided to add a transfer. I had one from ReDesign by Prima called White Magnolia. It felt like the perfect accent to this rich, deep green table. 


I had thought to put the transfer on all three shelves, but after I finished the top I thought it would be overkill. 

I let the transfer sit for a couple of days and then I added three coats of polyacrylic for protection. This is a very pretty table and it served us well for the time we needed it but now, it's time to find a new home so it can continue its life and serve a new family.





The one thing I learned while I was staging photos for the blog, is that I suck at photography.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Console to Desk

Horses and the Joy They Bring