Can all furniture be flipped?

 Can all furniture be flipped?

That, my friends, is a very good question and this little table will hopefully answer it. 


As you can see this is a small, round, laminate side table. Two of the legs were loose but I was able to fix those up easy peasy. However, in doing so I discovered that this little table is MDF. Now, that is not necessarily a bad thing, unless it gets wet but this one is in good condition. It was sold by Target a few years ago and retailed for about $120.00. I found it at Goodwill last week. 

After the repair and a good cleaning, I started priming with shellac. Now, since it's a laminate, it won't bleed, but because it's a laminate paint will slide right off, unless you use a bonding primer like shellac.

I knew right from the start that I wanted to jazz this table up with a transfer I have in my stash but picking the right color was going to be the hard part. After looking at the transfer 






I thought I wanted to use Dixie Belle's Soft Pink but I wound up using Vintage Duck Egg instead.





















Normally I clearcoat before I apply a transfer on a piece but this time I decided to try it without, as I had seen several furniture artists do, but I think I'll stick to applying after a clear coat from now on. It was very difficult and not nearly as smooth applying on raw paint. 

All that was left was to choose which portions of the transfer I wanted on this table and then seal the whole piece. 






Thought I'd try and stage the piece outside since it was such a lovely day. It's a work in progress. I may need to hire a photographer to teach me how to do this.




It turned out really pretty, but to answer the question, Can all furniture be flipped? I'll have to stick this on Facebook Marketplace and see if it sells before I can answer that.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Console to Desk

The Magnolia Table

Horses and the Joy They Bring